Valentine ‘Tea for Two’ Virtual Bake Off Competition
I know that Christmas has only just been and gone and the decorations are packed up but not quite back in the loft yet but I would like to talk about Valentine’s Day and in particular any Valentine’s baking that you might be planning to do.
I have decided to host a virtual Valentine’s bake off and I would love you to take part. There is a super prize on offer too which is just perfect even if I do say so myself. What could be more romantic than serving a slice of your favorite Valentine cake/bake along with a cup of tea in these adorable Cornishware personalised mugs and matching teapot? Yes the winner of my ‘Romantic Tea for Two’ virtual bake off will get these lovely items sent out to them so they can to do just that.
Luckily it is not me who is going to judge as I know there is stacks of creativity and talent out there and all the entries will be gorgeous. Instead, I have the lovely Holly Bell from GBBO season 2 fame to pick the winner. Holly writes a super blog too and can be found at Recipes From a Normal Mum .
So anything goes for this bake off as long as there is a clear link to Valentine’s Day as this is one of judging criteria. Originality and wow factor will also be judged, but ultimately the winner will be the cake/bake Holly would most like to give to Mr Bell on Valentine’s day. I will post a round up of all the entries within a couple of days of the deadline which is the 8th Feb 2013.
Competition Rules of Entry
Main Entry – Blog post
- Your Valentine cake or bake needs to be featured in one of your posts. Tell your readers that it is for the Homemade by Fleur, ‘tea for two’ virtual Valentine Bake Off with a link to this post (http://wp.me/p2s73U-Sd) which tells them all about it
- Copy and paste the competition badge below and include in your blog post
- Add Homemade by Fleur as a tag on your post / page that you are submitting
Main entry – Email (if you don’t have a blog)
- You can still enter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a picture and a description on your cake/bake
- Like the Homemade By Fleur page and share it with others to get into the Valentine spirit
- Follow me on twitter for competition updates @homemadebyfleur
- Post your entry on twitter mentioning me @homemadebyfleur and adding #valentinebakeoff
- I will retweet you and your post when I see it
- Make any bake/cake that you wish as long as you feel it links to the Valentine theme
- Please email email@example.com with your name and link to blog post if you have done one. Those who have written a blog post I will use a photo from your post in the round up. Those who have not please include a photo in your email
- Just one non blog entry please (so pick your best) bloggers can enter up to 3 cakes/bakes as long as each one has a separate blog post following these entry rules
- The deadline is 8th Feb 2013
- The winner will be announced a few days after the deadline, so keep you eye out!
- The judges decision is final
- UK entries only
Stuck for ideas? I have put together a Valentine’s Pinterest Board to hopefully give you some inspiration.
I have also made my own Valentine cake using a Nigella recipe from her Feast book on pg 139. Any excuse to make a chocolate cake…but I’ve got to say, this was a super recipe and I enjoyed being able to give it to my best friend who was coming over on the same day. I actually made two mini versions (I *may* have had some of the other cake!!) as I only have small heart cake tins but personally I think a smaller size adds to the appeal. It was quick and easy to create and as you can see it came out very well. For an extra special touch I used the Rococo cocoa that I was given after attending the ‘Let’s make Chocolate’ gift swap. Yumm!! And not only is there fresh raspberries on top, there are also crushed fresh raspberries in the cream that sandwiches the cake together. Lush!!
I’m actually going to enter this little Nigella beauty, not into my own competition, but into the Forever Nigella challenge run by Maision Cupcake and hosted this month by Recipe Junkie . The theme is ‘food for loved ones’ so I think this fits very well.
All that is left for me to say is a big thank you to Cornishware for providing the prize and to Holly for agreeing to be my judge.
I look forward to seeing what you all come up with. xxx